Custom Search

Monday, March 8, 2010

carl edwards suspended


Kurt Busch wins his first victory of the year, second spring Atlanta win in a row, in the 2009 Kobalt Tools 500, though the talk doesn’t even involve Busch. After a controversial wreck with six laps to go, everybody is talking about Brad Keselowski and Carl Edwards.



On lap 39, Keselowski and Edwards made contact on the restart, sending Edwards and Joey Logano into the wall. On the initial replay, it looked as if Keselowski got into the back of Edwards. Though upon further review, Edwards actually came down in front of Keselowski, causing Keselowski to get into him. Either way, blame was placed on Keselowski for the incident.



“He cut down on me on the restart and I couldn't lift faster,” Keselowski said of the accident. “I appologize to him.”



“Looking at that replay, it didn't look as bad as I first thought,” Edwards said. “We were on the restart and I was going for the bottom. I knew Brad was peeking inside, but I thought he'd give me just a little bit of room and he didn't and we ended up overlapping."



"I know Brad (Keselowski) has made his career on being super-aggressive," Edwards continued. "But it's just a little too aggressive overall for that early in the race and caused us to wreck."



Carl Edwards also added that, “Brad is somebody who doesn't ever give me any room.”



After spending numerous laps behind the wall, Edwards returned to the track, looking to make the points loss due to the incident minimal. However, with six laps to go, Edwards did something that’d become the No. 1 hot topic: He retaliated.



Edwards got behind Keselowski with eight laps to go and took three swipes at him, finally wrecking him on the third try. The result was Keselowski flipping upside down on the front stretch at Atlanta Motor Speedway, not injured, and Edwards being parked for the remainder of the race.



After the wreck, Keselowski said Carl Edwards, “decided to just wreck me intentionally down the straightaway and about killed me and a couple thousand people in the grandstands. It’s one thing to race somebody hard and get in an accident when you’re going for position. It’s another to just intentionally wreck someone at 195 mph at a track like this. I know it's ironic that it's me saying that but I didn't do it on purpose."



After the race, Carl Edwards posted the following on his Facebook page:



Considering that Brad wrecks me with no regard for anyones safety or hard work, should I: A-Keep letting him wreck me? B-Confront him after the race? C-Wait til bristol and collect other cars? or D-Take care of it now? I want to be clear that I was surprised at his flight and very relieved when he walked away. Every person has to decide what code they want to live by and hopefully this explains mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment