Sunday, February 7, 2010
buffalo chicken dip
Kick Off Super Bowl 2010: Time for Buffalo Chicken, Seven Layer Dip
Looking for last minute Super Bowl recipes? Buffalo Chicken Dip and Seven Layer Dip are HOT Super Bowl Sunday snacks. Along with these game time appetizers, the Food Network also has some quick and easy recipes to make your Super Bowl Sunday a win-win kickoff time.
The Food Network Magazine
The celebrity chefs over at the Food Network have been putting togther some awesome appetizers and dips the past few weeks. Emeril Lagasse, Bobby Flay, Paula Deen, Alton Brown and the rest of the Food Network Magazine cooks want to share their amazing website with you. Check it out for all these recipes and more! http://www.foodnetwork.com/big-game/package/index.html
Celebrity Chefs and Recipes
* Food Network Magazine - Six Layers and a Chip Dip
* Emeril Lagasse - Chorizo, Bean, Cheese Nachos and Southwestern Style Turkey Sliders
* Guy Fieri - French Onion Dip and Tequila Lime Wings
* Alton Brown - Buffalo Wings and Swedish Meatballs
* Bobby Flay - Nacho Dogs and Sliders with Chipotle Mayonnaise
* The Neelys - Grilled BBQ Potato Skins
* Giada De Laurentiis - Sausage, Peppers and Onions
* Barefoot Contessa - Guacamole Salad and Outrageous Brownies
Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
* 2 - 1/2 cups shredded or diced cooked chicken breast
* 8 oz. pkg. onion flavored cream cheese, softened
* 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
* 1/3 - 1/2 cup Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
* 3/4 cup shredded cheese, your choice
* 1/4 cup chopped scallions
1. Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Grease a medium sized casserole dish.
2. Mix cream cheese, salad dressing, hot sauce and 1/2 cup cheese right in the baking dish. Fold in chicken. Smooth top and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup shredded cheese.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until mixture is hot and bubbly. Garnish with scallions. Serve with crackers, chips or veggies.
7 Layer Dip Recipe
* 2 cups kidney beans, cooked and drained
* 1/2 cup chunky salsa
* 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
* 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
* 2 avocados, peeled and diced
* 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
* 2 medium tomatoes, cored and chopped
* 1 cup pitted black olives, drained and halved
* 1/4 cup red onion, finely chopped
* 1 jalapeno, habenero pepper, red chili pepper, etc., seeded and finely chopped, optional
* 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
1. Mix beans, salsa and 2 Tbsp cilantro together in a small bowl. Spread on a large platter.
2. Carefully spread sour cream over the top of the beans, leaving some of the beans showing.
3. Layer the avocados, cheese, tomatoes, olives, red onion and optional pepper, leaving a bit of the layer underneath showing.
4. Sprinkle the remaining cilantro over the top.
5. Serve with tortilla chips.