Custom Search

Sunday, February 7, 2010

peyton manning

Can Peyton Manning beat Greg Williams defensive scheme on Super Bowl Sunday?
Lets be honest. How you bet the Super Bowl will come down to one person? How you bet this Sunday will be determined by whether or not you think Peyton Manning will solve Gregg Williams and the Saints Defense.

This is not going to be about Drew Brees and Reggie Bush. This is not going to be about Dwight Freeny and Reggie Wayne. While football is a team sport, never has one man held so much control over the outcome of a game.

Never have I bet a Super Bowl thinking about only one man's performance on the field. This Sunday, when I am sitting around with friends and family, I will be placing my bet based on how well I think Manning will play. Period.
2 weeks ago, I thought that Manning would have a tougher time with the blitzing and awkward defensive style that the Jets were going to throw at him. I thought that he would make the adjustments too late. I was wrong. He handled the Jets with a poise and calm that looked like a game of backyard catch.

What makes Manning so unique is that he is not selfish. And what makes me want to bet on him rather then the Colts is that he thinks of the Colts instead of himself. He is comfortable with the spotlight, but would rather have it shine on someone else. He wants the ball, if only to make sure that it ends up in the right hands.

When Betting on Super Bowl this weekend, base your bet on how well you think Manning will play against the Saints defense, not how well you think the Colts will play against the Saints. I do not want to discount Brees and I think that he will play the game of his life, cementing himself as a first ballot hall-of-famer. But he will not decide the game. If the Saints win it will be because they stopped Manning, not the Colts. When placing your bet on the Super Bowl, think Manning. Whether you bet on the Colts or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment